Monday, January 5, 2009

The Warbird

Christmas brought one more round of golf in 2008. Stephanie and I took the boys to Arizona to spend Christmas with Stephanie's family. Fortunately for me all three of Stephanie's brothers play golf. Because it would cost at least $30 to check my clubs and because we were already taking two suitcases a few backpacks and two car seats, I elected not to bring my clubs. Brent kindly obliged to borrow a set of clubs from his father in law in Benson, AZ. Although it was a little chilly, 55 degrees sure beat the 17 degrees I left in Denver. Playing with different clubs took a little while to get used to, especially since I had no irons higher than 7 in my bag (although, I did quickly become fond of the 7-wood). A few pars and half-way decent putting put me in at a 103 for the day. If it hadn't been for several multiple chip holes, I would have broken 100. But not to get too excited, because the course is relatively easy, and my handicap actually went up to one-tenth of a point. The highlight of the day, really was a Callaway Warbird golf ball which made it an entire 18 holes without getting lost. Not a bad way to end the year.

No comments: