Saturday, May 24, 2008

More Bitter Than Sweet

I played my first 18 yesterday. The plan was actually to play an early 9 holes, but circumstances allowed us to extend it to a full 18 holes. The first two holes were deceivingly good to me, but I should have noticed the signs of things to come. The first hole, a 510 yard par 5, I was within 10 yards of the green in 2 shots. After a two chip and two putt, I bogeyed the hole. The next hole was a long par four, again close to the green after two shots, and again a two chip and two putt. The rest of the front nine was abysmal, easily my worst 9 hole score of the year at 60. The back nine was a little better, at 51 for a slightly embarrassing 111 score. The good news? I did drop my putting average, which really is my goal right now. My statistics, which are updated to the right, are telling. The glaring weakness in my game is approaching the green. But I am still going to stay focused on my short game with the ultimate goal of bringing my putting average below 2.00. Stinkin' wedges.

1 comment:

Steph Kjelstrom said...

way to lower your putting average-gotta have goals!