Sunday, March 1, 2009

Year of the Ox (2009)

I have already seen fortune smile upon my new golf year. With the addition of a 7-wood in my bag, I seem to have a little more confidence off the tee. I have changed the look of the blog slightly for the new year, including the addition of 2009 goals as a list item to the left. Among my golf goals for the new year is to bring my handicap to below 20.0. Although my handicap was an estimate (35.0) at the beginning of last year, I still feel like I improved and now have a well supported handicap of around 25.0. To bring my handicap down 5 strokes, I will continue to focus on my short game, primarily chipping to a chip/putt average of 2.8 or below and to work on my swing mechanics by using a birthday present at Golftec. For those unfamiliar with Golftec, follow the link. So here's to a new golf season and here's hoping the year of the ox brings good fortune.

2 comments:

Aaron Clark said...

Is this the same type of club that you once laughed at me for having -- calling it a "grandma wood"?

John said...

Actually, I believe the term was "granny wood" and yes that sounds like something I would have said. Who would have thought granny's knew so much about golf?