Sunday, May 10, 2009

Golftec

I finally took the opportunity to cash in on my birthday present and take my Golftec evaluation lesson. I've heard nothing but good things from those that have taken lessons from Golftec. So I made my appointment and took my six iron to the nearest Golfsmith store. Now, this wasn't my first lesson. A few years ago, Stephanie gave me a private golf lesson for my birthday with a pro at an Irvine, CA golf course. I could write a whole blog entry about that expereince, but the long and short of it was that it was not a good expereince and soured me to the idea of lessons at all.

Golftec was different. I was sceptical simply by how much they charge per 1 hour lesson ($98). The first thing they did was hook my up to some monitors and asked me to hit a few balls. Based on the computer feedback, they gave me 6 different numbers, each critical to a technically perfect swing and then went over each one, starting with what I needed to improve on first. My tutor was a PGA certified golf instructor and gave me practical advice for improvement. The best part of all though, everything was recorded and posted to the web for my immediate access. Now that is a quality lesson. I found my lesson on the web and saved the videos, pictures and audio to my computer to play back as often as I please. In fact, they gave me so much to chew on, I don't think I will be going back until I am ready to have my number reevaluated. All in all, Golftec was a good experience and worth the money.

After my lesson, the oder of needed improvement shows like this:

1. Grip
2. Posture
3. Left arm mechanics
4. Top of swing
5. Down swing
6. Follow through

Check out the difference in my posture from just the one lesson and a few pointers. (Why hasn't anyone told me how ugly my setup was?) For the audio, click on the link below the pictures.



No comments: