Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Not a bad start

I finally played my first 9 holes this morning. It was a beautiful morning in Colorado. My only qualm outside of my inconsistent putting was the greens were being aerated, meaning the greens were very bumpy and sandy, so I would like to think I would have putt better on a nicer surface. Here is the number of putts for each hole (3, 4, 2, 3, 3, 1, 2, 3, 2). A lot of 3 putts in there. I also tried a new putting grip on the first 4 holes, a reverse putting grip that was supposed to reduce the amount of mishits. I hated it, so went back to my old grip. Overall, the day was pretty good though, I hit 4 fairways off the tee and had three greens in regulation and already had my first birdie of the year! A 312 yard uphill par 4. I'll take it. The new scoring system I am using (www.freegolfinfo.com) tracks my stats but won't give me a handicap until I have ten rounds of golf in. So I also entered my score into the yahoo golf handicap tracker which had scores dating back to my time in California. By multiplying my score by 2 to get an 18 hole equivalent, my handicap stands at 26.5 according to yahoo. I could have eliminated 6 strokes with better putting (or 12 strokes for 18 holes!)

2 comments:

Steph Kjelstrom said...

so proud of you...

Aaron Clark said...

From the sound of it, maybe you don't need lessons.